Definitions and interpretation
Data collectively all information that you submit to wotlog via the website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the data protection laws;
Data Protection Laws any applicable law relating to the processing of personal data, including but not limited to directive 96/46/EC (Data Protection Directive) or the GDPR, and any implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation, for as long as the GDPR is effective in the republic of Ireland;
GDPR: The general Data protection regulations (EU) 2016/679
Wotlog, we or us: wotlog of Castle gates, Kennedy Avenue, Carlow (Cearharlach),
Users or you: any third party that accesses the website and is not either (i) employed by wotlog and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to wotlog and accessing the website regarding the provision of such services; and
Website: the website that you are currently using, www.wotlog.ie and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
- the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
- a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
- “including” is understood to mean “including without limitation”;
- Reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
- For purposes of the applicable data protection laws, wotlog is the “Data Controller”. This means that wotlog determines the purposes for which, and the manner in which, your data is processed.
- We may collect the following data, which includes personal data, from you:
- Date of Birth
- Contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers
- Home address
How we collect Data
6.We collect data in the following ways:
- Data is given to us by you; and
- Data is collected automatically.
Data That is given to us by you
- Wotlog will collect your data in several ways, for example:
- When you contact us through the website, by telephone, post, email or through any other means;
- When you register with us and set up an account to post an ad, receive our product / services;
- When you make payments to us, through this website or otherwise;
Data that is collected automatically
- To the extent that you access the website, we will collect your data automatically, for example;
- We automatically collect some information about your visit to the website. This information helps us to make improvements to the website content and navigation, and includes your IP address, the date and frequency with which you access the website and the way you use and interact with its content.
Our use of data
- Any or all the above data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible services and experience when using our website, specifically, data may be use by us for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping;
- We may use your data for the above purpose if we deem it necessary to do so for our legitimate interests. If you are not satisfied with this, you have the right to object in certain circumstances (see the headed “your right” below).
- When you register with us and set up an account to place an ad, receive our services, the legal basis of this processing is the performance of a contract between you and us and / or taking steps, at your request, to enter into such a contract.
Who we share data with
- We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your data, for example:
- Access to your account is controlled by a password and a user name that is unique to you.
- We store your data on a secure server
Keeping Data Secure
- We are certified SOC2. This family of standards helps us to manage your data and keep it secure.
- Technical and organisational measures included measures to deal with any suspected data breach. If you suspect any misuse, loss, or unauthorised access to your data, please let us know immediately by contacting us via this email address: email@example.com
If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computer and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems please visit www.getsafeonline.org.
- Even if we delete your data, it may persist on backup or archival media for legal, tax or regulatory purposes.
- You have the following rights in relation to your data:
- Right to access – the right to request (i) copies of the information we hold about you at any time, or(ii) that we modify, update or delete such information. If we provide you with access to the information we hold about you, we will not charge for this, unless your request is “manifestly unfounded or excessive”. Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request. If we refuse your request, we will tell you the reason why.
- Right to correct– the right to have your data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erase – the right request that we delete or remove your data from our systems.
- Right to restrict our use of your data – the right to “block” us from using your data or limit the way in which we can use it.
- Right to data portability – the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your data.
- Right to object– the right to object to our use of your data including where we use it for our legitimate interests.
- To make enquires, exercise any of your rights set out above, or withdraw your consent to the processing of your data (where consent is our legal basis for processing your data), please contact us via this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you are not satisfied with the way a complaint you make in relation to your data is handled by us, you may be able to refer your complaint to the relevant data protection authority,
- It is important that the data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your data changes during the period for which we hold it.
Links to other websites
Changes for business ownership and control
- We may also disclose data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
- In the above instance, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
- Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
- This agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of the republic of Ireland. All disputes arising under the agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of Irish court
You may contact wotlog by email at email@example.com
This document is created by wotlog in accordance with the GDPR on the 30/05/2018